Friday, June 24, 2011

Want to move to California - need advice!


Want to move to California - need advice!
I am 22 years old, and a professional graphic designer and web developer. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana, and I will be completing my degree in graphic design soon. I nailed an extremely high-paying design job straight out of high school, but I don't feel like I belong in Indiana. I am attracted to the night life, big city, and affluence for design and a liberal way of thinking. I will probably save for 1-2 years, then plan on moving out to California. I was thinking San Diego or SF, LA, or some other metro. What are some things I should consider, anything I should look for in particular, and can I survive on a designers salary out there? I want to start a new life in California.
Renting & Real Estate - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Just go. You already know you will be going. You can't find a place to live long-distance so budget for a hotel for 4 days. talk to other tenants before signing an apartment lease. They will tell you the good and the bad. Then start your new life. /


2
Before moving and giving up such a high paying job, come here for a 1-2 week vacation then if this is the place for you, make sure you have a job before coming back to live. California is very expensive especially so for a single person. Rent for a decent apartment in a low crime area is going to cost you approximately $1250-2500 per month. Can you survive on a designer's salary, that depends on how much you make (at your new job here) where you want to live and the food you want to buy. Crunch the numbers, count the cost first.

Popular Posts