Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I want to launch a voluntary "Cleaning Our City" campaign. Where to start?


I want to launch a voluntary "Cleaning Our City" campaign. Where to start?
I'm going into high school next year, and I just read on Yahoo! that the almighty US is doing very poorly in keeping it's cities clean. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. I want to start something where I can put flyers up in my school and urge kids to come and help clean up things like trash around the highways. I don't want to volunteer anywhere, because I want to start my own campaign. All I want is for me, and kids from my high school (Or if I get bigger than I anticipate..) other kids from other local schools can help to walk around the downtown city and highways of Indianapolis. I would have friends with trucks park near so we can put the trash bags and large trash like tires in the back. I am very proud to be from Indianapolis, and I would be even prouder to be here when it's cleaner. I think I'll talk to my high school counselor about it, and she'll/he'll tell me where to start. I want to know who to contact, I want the city to know we're out here wandering around cleaning. Should I write a letter or email or call? And who? Thanks so much for reading!!! I will really appreciate it if you help me!
Indianapolis - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
flyers


2
I would start with the Marion County Department of Health- I only know of one person there - and it's an indirect contact so I have never met him: Bill Messick - he is part of Healthy Homes Resource Liaison Housing and Neighborhood Health. 317.221.3135. If he cannot get you started maybe he can put you in touch with someone who can. Good luck


3
You need to go to local city and tell them your plan they will help you its called community development plan


4
Contact the Mayor's Action Center at 327-4622. Kudos to you for wanting to take action!

Popular Posts