Thursday, June 16, 2011

Should I live in Austin or Dallas?


Should I live in Austin or Dallas?
I have a new opportunity to take a job in TX. I now live in Indianapolis, IN and can choose between Austin and Dallas. My wife and I are 36 and have 2 kids in Jr high and 1 in elementary. We live a fairly active lifestyle and enjoy outdoor activities. We spend a fair amount of time biking, hiking, boating, camping, etc. We tend to be pretty social as well, so we'll definately be searching out local night-life activities. Having lived in Indiana my whole life, I would like to settle in a place that has some topographical diversity. We value education, so local school performance will likely drive our decision as well. Thanks!
Other - United States - 7 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Austin for sure! Austin is an amazing city with so much to do. It is a great place to raise a family. It is a very outdoorsy city with lake, bike paths, camping, etc. It is the live music capital of the world! I think Austin can't be beat.


2
I would say Dallas, because Austin has a lot of liberals, from what I've heard. I have not lived it Texas, but I lived in Oregon and Austin sounds like Portand, which is a liberal scumhole, in my opinion.


3
Dallas is much better. Austin is infested with Liberals


4
Austin definately, much better activities and "topographical diversity". Otherwise both are quite similar.


5
Austin is one of the coolest cities you will find. I've been to both and like it much better than Dallas. There are resources on the web to check on schools and varied other things. If you visit the two, I would be shocked if you did not find Austin the more interesting place for a home.


6
Austin!!


7
Austin! It's the live music capital of Texas. Plus, there is a lot of topographical diversity in the Hill Country. Lots of mountain biking, there's a cool lake in the middle of the city with restaurants on the shore and you can dock your boat and get out to eat, bike lanes on the city streets and you can also go hiking. Whole Foods Market was started in Austin and they have a huge store down there. Then there is Zilker park, Austin City Limits concerts, South by Southwest Music Fest, the list goes on! Dallas is flat and flatter. There are also too many conservatives.

Popular Posts