Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What's so great about the state of Indiana?


What's so great about the state of Indiana?
No offense to those who live here, but I hate this place. I moved here a year ago and you'd think it would grow on me by now, but it just sucks. It's probably just the town I live in because its so small. The nearest cities (Richmond, Muncie) are considered big to the town im in. They're small and boring too. All Indiana has that I know of is Indianapolis, which is too far away from me to matter. I miss Ohio. This state has weird laws and rules in school that are completely different than what im used to. My life was ruined when I moved here and I cant wait for another year to go by so I can move out. ughhh sorry. i needed to vent. so dont be angry. You'd hate it too if you were 17, taken away from family, boyfriend youve had for 2 years, church and friends, and your home and pets to be placed in the middle of corn fields with dramatic pricks at school. I havent made one friend. Ive been nice, invited ppl over and im usually a friendly person whos easy to getalong with. But no one here will accept me because im new and they already have their friends. it really sucks. I want out.
Indianapolis - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
To me it sounds like that you are out in the woods or in a rural area. If you are then it is hard to do much if you live away form anything that is fun. Rural areas are not to be compared t the city goers at all, if you were near Indy or a college town you would make fiend's if they were close to you. I have been to missouri and lived and did not like it there either because we lived out in a rural area.I lived in Indy most of my life and then went to Hawaii and Guam I did not like either of them . Perhaps you need to join a church group or school group and make some friends that way. Some times it takes time and you have to make the best of what you have. I find the people in Indiana quite hospitable for the most part and yes you will have a few snobs but I have been to much worse places then Indiana. Maybe time to see if you need to change in some ways. If you came from a large town or city there is a huge difference then living in the suburbs where it is not so busy. Some people have a hard time making new friends and it can be rough. Hang in there it will get better maybe you moved under bad circumstances and have a bad attitude you are not aware of. Feel free to vent email me and rant and rave or rant here but do not expect a ot of good answers or chat. To the person who said why does Pat get so many thumbs up and so on I have over twenty contacts that do vote for me as well I for them. I have been here for two years and try to give good answers if they think I do they vote that is what it is about. Get some fans on here and try it.


2
**wonders why Pat (above me) gets so many thumbs up when there are only 2 posts on this so far** I think he has several accounts and thumbs up himself! I live in Indianapolis and you are correct. When you are young it is not a great place to live. As you age, its good because you don't look for exciting things to do anymore. You just want to get from work to home within a reasonable amount of time.


3
Try not to get to upset with this but…you’re 17 you are going to hate everything in life. I have a 16 year old niece that hates everything too. There’s a saying, you get out of it what you put into it. If you hate someplace or thing just “because” then you probably will always hate it. You moved here from Ohio and hate it and laws and rules, you were vague here so don’t know what you are talking about, but think of it this way what if someone moved to your hometown? Do you think they would just love it at first sight? Probably not. Everything would be different to them just as it is to you moving to Indiana. You say your life is ruined, well I got news for you, moving isn't going to ruin your life and if a simple move to another state ruined your life then you are going to have serious trouble later on when real life problems confront you. My niece has lived in a bunch of different places and she hated all of them, so your life problem isn’t any different than any other teenager. If you take a I hate it attitude you probably will have troubles making friends. I know I would have trouble making friends with people who talk about how they hate it here by putting down their town and culture so to speak. You say you want out at the end of your post, are you going to want out every time life throws you a little curveball? At some point you will just have to tough if out. Remember no matter what someone puts on here or what gets voted the best answer you must chose which is the real best answer, if any.

Popular Posts