Friday, July 22, 2011

Cosplay help? (Again)?


Cosplay help? (Again)?
It seems like I've been asking a lot of questions about this stuff... oh well. Anyway, I was really late in the boat to go to my very first anime convention. I've already started planning out my cosplay. The only thing is... I don't know what to do. I have three (maybe four) characters I've narrowed it down to: Deidara from Naruto, L from Death Note (of course XD), Ritsuka from Loveless, or Itachi from Naruto. I'm not very sure about the Itachi cosplay, even though I love him to death. If I do a Naruto one, it's most likely going to be Deidara. But I've started thinking about doing Ritsuka, and right now, I really want to cosplay him. I've found a wig that looks pretty good, but I have no idea what outfit I would use for him. I want to do the school uniform, but I would have to have my friend make it for me, and it seemed easy enough. But since it's in two months from yesterday, I'm really nervous about the time and stuff. I would have to order the wig really soon, or else it won't get here on time, and I can't be 100% sure about the outfit until it's done. So I was wondering if I should risk it with Ritsuka, or take the easy way and do L, because I have the outfit, all I would need is the wig, which I found a pretty good one. And sorry that was so freaking long, but since this is my first anime convention ever, I'm really excited and want this to be as good as possible. And also, I was wondering how being the same person two or the full three days would be. I didn't know if I should do that or just cosplay for one day, since I can really only afford one costume. I'm really scared about ordering an outfit from Ebay, so I immediately crossed that option out. I'm probably overthinking this, but it's my first one ever... BQ: What was your first cosplay (if you have, that is) and what is your favorite memory with that cosplay? Oh! And the con is Anime Crossroads in Indianapolis, Indiana, from November 20-22. If by any chance anyone is going, you should so tell me. XD (Wow, this is really long... I'm sorry! DX) Wang Yao: I wanted to be Italy from Hetalia, but my friend claimed him as her bishie, so he's off limits. XD I was sad...
Comics & Animation - 8 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
L is boring, if your going to go, go big or go home.


2
You should Try L, My friend did him for NDK here in Denver, but you could try Itachi. But L is the easiest, and good for a first timer


3
if you want to buy cosplay stuff you can go to cosplay magic prices usually range from 100-200 dollars though


4
I wouldn't suggest going as L as easy as it is, EVERYONE does it. It's considered noobish... Naruto is another one I wouldn't suggest, the hard core anime fans are likely to criticize your taste in anime. Loveless... I've heard of it, but never watched/read it. But I suppose I'd go with that one. My first cosplay was Nanao Ise from Bleach. 2nd was China from Hetalia 3rd was Kaname Kuran from Vampire Knight and the one I'm trying to get is Hungary from Hetalia. eeetoooo.... I'd try these sites for cosplay: hellocosplay.com milanoo.com cosplayfu.com cosplaymagic.com mooncostumes.com (course if you're good at sewing you could do it yourself) and don't be too afraid of ebay. There are some cosplay sites that are reliable and sell through ebay. That's where I'm getting my Hungary cosplay from. GOOD LUCK :) hope I helped!


5
you should go as deidara XD his cosplay is just a wig and cloak so ya... and you could stick your arms inside the cloak and pretend they are gone XP lol "death by suffocation!" bq: for my first cosplay i was larxene from organization XIII :P it was fun, cuz i had 5 other friends going as zexion, demyx, sora, roxas, and axel. my fave memory was the glomp game i played with a group of cosplayers :P and lots of people randomly came up from behind me and poked the antenna thingson my wig to see how they stuck up :P


6
I'd suggest against L. He's so overdone it's not even funny... Also, if you had said Naruto characters about a year ago, I would have recommended against those as well, but Naruto's been beaten out by Kuroshitsuji, Deathnote, and Hetalia recently, so I've seen a dramatic drop in Naruto cosplayers. So yeah. Go ahead and cosplay from Naruto. ^^ Also, ebay isn't that bad a site for cosplays. I buy all my wigs and outfits that I don't have the skills to make myself off there. I cosplay Soubi and bought my wig and jacket from ebay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kabhUGSfmU Also, my Ritsuka got her ears off ebay (also her original tail, but she made the one you see in this movie). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkp8xtUogm4 The top she made by gluing/sewing ribbon to a sweater she bought at goodwill. It looks really amazing. She also made the green shirt Ritsuka wears in episode 4, I believe, out of a shirt from goodwill that she cut up a little, and some red ribbon. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1608083/ (just giving you a few ideas here, since you mentioned wanting to cosplay him XP) As for the Naruto cosplays, I suggest ordering here: http://www.animeniacs.com/index.php?action=catalog&search=Akatsaki (yeah, they spell it wrong. There are a lot of typos on the site) They carry the cheapest, good quality cosplays I've ever seen. Plus they're even further on sale because they're trying to clear out stock and make it a special-order service offered in-store only. In all, I recommend going for one of the two Naruto cosplays or Ritsuka. ^^ As for outfits, there's no rule saying you can't be the same thing all three days. I have friends who do that. It's honestly a lot easier than hauling around 3-6 cosplays like I do... If you're worried about being stinky, just shower everyday, wear lots of deodorant (and apply more later in the day) and febreeze the outfit before bed. Try to avoid perfumes and such, since many people are allergic to them. Email me if you have any more questions on cosplay. ^^ BQ: My first cosplay was Muraki Kazutaka from Yami no Matsuei. I have many, many great memories in this costume, but the one that stands out most was when two fangirls came up to me while I was ordering dinner and asked if they could get a picture of Muraki buying a burrito. It made my day... Also, I think a friend of mine (also into Naruto and Loveless XD) is going to that one, but I can't remember for sure where she lives... Pretty sure it's Indiana... If so, then that's the con she's going to. ^^ Edit: Another good Muraki cosplay memory just came to me! I was in an alternate outfit of his and hanging out with a guy dressed in his normal outfit when I saw a Dist walk by. I glanced at the other Muraki and asked "so... shall we make the coalition of fruity, white haired villains?" Resulting pic: https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo16/22/a1/2af79a0a6826__1253031504000.jpg That was the same day I also hung out with a rather large Hetalia group and claimed all their vital regions. >:3 God I love cosplaying Muraki...


7
DONT GO AS L so many people go as l or bb and it gets boring if you want to do a death note cosplay try mello and i like the deidara idea since its easy and most naruto cosplayers dont go as him from what i know


8
I think that something similar to this http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs31/f/2008/194/3/5/Cosplay_Ritsuka_Aoyagi_by_BunnyMayel.jpg You def. can't forget about the bandaid under your eye and the wrist wraps are a good touch. Hope I could help!

Popular Posts