Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Where can I live around Indianapolis, IN where I can have at least 4 dogs and good schools for my kids?


Where can I live around Indianapolis, IN where I can have at least 4 dogs and good schools for my kids?
My family is looking to move somewhere around Indianapolis, IN. We have 4 kids and 4 dogs. We are looking for somewhere where there is good schools and yet able to have all of our dogs and some space (house size and lot)? Not sure what the licensing allows for in Indiana, but we do have 4 dogs (3 are under 20 pounds, then 1 lab). What would you recommend?
Indianapolis - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I'm not sure Indianapolis sets numerical limits on the number of dogs you can have. They have to have rabies shots and IDs, either microchips or tags, they can't run loose and you have to clean up after them if they poop off your property. I don't think Indianapolis has a license requirement anymore. Within Marion County, Lawrence and Washington Township schools are pretty good. Outside of Marion County, the dog laws will be different. Fishers, Carmel, Noblesville, Zionsville, are popular suburbs on the north side. New Palestine, Greenfield, Greenwood, Avon, Brownsburg, Plainfield, etc. are other suburbs worthy of consideration.


2
Yeah they don't have any limits on how many dogs you can have, excluding apartments and such. My family and I have 8 dogs (only 2 are remotely small) and we live in Shelby county, which is about 45 minutes away from Indy. There is tons of farmland close to Indianapolis, (and all over the state) so really, just check into the schools! RECOMMENDATION: Do NOT live in Shelby co. Shelbyville High School was ranked #1 High School drop outs in the country a few years back and the rest of the schools in the district are not any better. haha Good luck!

Popular Posts